Skilled Service For Buford, GA Area Whole Home Humidifiers
Comfort Control recommends AprilAire Humidifiers for your residential setting. AprilAire Humidifiers set the standard when it comes to eliminating dry indoor air.
AprilAire manufacturers whole-house humidifiers that combat dry air for an improved breathing experience. AprilAire Humidifiers infuse more moisture into the air of your home. This added moisture can help you combat dry skin, carpet shocks and even cracking woodwork that results when the interior air is too dry.
During the cold season when you run your heating system, your home can become particularly dry and devoid of moisture. A whole-house humidifier literally adds more moisture to the air for a more pleasant breathing experience. Comfort Control’s trained technicians can help you select the ideal humidifier for your home’s air quality needs.
If you would like a more humid environment during the dry winter months, then a whole-house humidifier might be the option for you. Whole-house humidifiers add moisture to the air before circulating it back into your house. The devices actually make the temperature inside feel warmer, allowing you to be more comfortable at a lower temperature. They can actually save you money on your energy bill since you feel warmer and therefore do not turn up the heater as often.
It costs between $150 - $1,100 to have a whole house humidifier installed in your home. Depending on the type of model you choose, the price will vary. The different types of whole-house humidifiers include:
- Drum - This type of humidifier is the most affordable yet needs the most maintenance to prevent any mold growth. The system is connected to the HVAC and plumbing system. It operates by using a belt, motor and stored water. The motor will spin a wheel that helps the water evaporate into the air, adding moisture to a home’s indoor air.
- Flow-Through - This humidifier is slightly more expensive than the drum model. It uses an evaporator pad to create moisture in the air. The furnace heat cycle will trigger the release of water to the pad.
- Steam - The most expensive humidifier, this type uses electric probes to heat water and create steam. Many choose this system because it runs independently of an HVAC, which means the heat does not have to be on for it to operate. They also have less of a mold risk than other models.
A whole-house humidifier should be installed either on the furnace with a mounting plate or inside the ductwork in your home. Depending on the type of humidifier chosen, a technician will probably take between 3 - 5 hours to install the appliance.
For more information on whole-house humidifiers, contact Comfort Control today!
Why Do You Need a AprilAire Humidifier?
There are many reasons why it’s a good idea to add a humidifier to your home. If you do not currently have a humidifier, the following reasons may convince you to install one:
- Humidifiers can reduce your risk for infection. Viruses like the flu struggle to travel through moisture-rich air. Other types of bacteria don’t travel well in moist air either.
- If you do get sick, a humidifier may improve healing times, particularly if you suffer from a cold.
- With moist air to breathe, you’ll find you’ll suffer fewer sinus headaches. Moreover, winter air can dry out your sinuses, which leaves them vulnerable to cold and flu germs.
- Moisture-rich air in your home means you’ll have more sumptuous skin. Dry indoor air can lead to cracked, dry skin that doesn’t heal quickly when scratched.
- With a humidifier, you can finally say goodbye to all those electric shocks that plague you during the winter.
- When there’s moisture in the air, you’re apt to experience improved sleep quality.
- A humidifier can help protect the wood in your home – doors, door frames and furnishings are vulnerable to cracking and splitting as a result of dry winter air.
If you need a humidifier for your home, call Comfort Control at 770-203-1600.
AprilAire is a leading producer of residential humidifiers. Call Comfort Control today and allow us to help you choose the ideal model for your home. The sooner you install a AprilAire Humidifier in your home, the sooner you can enjoy improved indoor air quality.