Getting You Prepared To Chill Out in Buford, GA
AC maintenance is essential to keeping a well-functioning, longer-living air conditioner. The Department of Energy recommends AC maintenance every year and warns that ignoring maintenance needs can cause your system to use more energy and create less cold air.
The cost to get your home air conditioner cleaned out typically ranges from $100 to $300, depending on the size and type of unit, the severity of the build-up and the company performing the service.
Your home AC unit should be serviced once a year, preferably in spring. Spring is the best time to have your air conditioning maintenance done because it guarantees your AC will be ready for the hard work of cooling your home in summer.
Some common services that are included in a tune-up and cleaning package are as follows:
- Checking thermostat and calibrating it as necessary.
- Inspecting all visible components for proper installation and tightness.
- Cleaning condenser coils and drainage system.
- Vacuuming inside air handler cabinet.
- Replacing filters (where needed).
- Lubricating all moving parts.
What Will We Do To Maintain Your AC Unit?
As experts in heating and cooling, we know just how much money we can save you by keeping the guts of your AC clean and functioning like new. Here are just a few things we'll do to keep you up and running efficiently.
- Clean the filter: Keeping your filter clean can be the most important thing we can do to help you keep your AC running well. A dirty filter leads to dirt and dust collecting on other parts of your machine, such as the evaporator coil, making your total system function worse. A clean filter can reduce your unit’s energy use (and utility bills) by as much as 15%.
- Clean the coils: The coils of your AC can also become too dirty to work correctly. The evaporator coil can be kept clean for longer by making sure your filter is clean, but eventually, dust and dirt will gather on it, insulating it from the heat leading to less cool air for you.
- Check and straighten coil fins: Coil fins can bend easily, obstructing the flow of air. We check and ensure they are not bent and reshape the fins back to their working condition.
- Check and clear condensate drain: The condensate drain is like any drain that can get clogged and cause back up. If you don't adequately clean your drain, it can keep your AC unit from helping with humidity and can lead to stains on ceilings and walls.
We Know How To Keep You Cool
There are many other steps we take to ensure your air conditioner is well-maintained. We check refrigerants, oil motors and check belts to make sure that you aren't paying for cool air that you aren't getting. Call us today at 770-203-1600 to discuss what maintenance we'll do for your unit, and how it will save you a pile of money.